The Art of the Deal - Navigating the Acquisition Process
John Walcher, Veritas Advisors, Inc.
Format: MP3 download
This session walks the audience through the process of buying and selling a business, with an emphasis on growth via new locations. Using an effective blend of humor and seriousness, the presentation describes the two primary methods of inorganic growth: “Brownfielding/Greenfielding” and Acquisitions. The presentation is equally useful to those who are considering selling their business as it will give them “insider knowledge” on how the other side is thinking.
Throughout the presentation, key takeaways are highlighted for everyone’s benefit.
- To define “inorganic” growth and identify market trends and conditions that make this an effective approach to growing a business;
- To describe the strategic-planning process, identifying key characteristics/motivations of successful, growth-oriented companies (as well as some false reasons that lead to bad deals);
- To discuss a system for analyzing a company’s existing infrastructure/ability to grow;
- To identify a framework for evaluating growth opportunities and potential;
- To explain the process of completing a deal once an opportunity has been identified;
- To outline effective strategies for navigating the selling process;
- To explore solutions to common pitfalls and roadblocks when buying or selling a business.