Water Infiltration of Asphalt Shingle Roofs - Traditional Flashing Details and Updated Options
Format: MP3 Audio file download
For years, we've been "copying and pasting" traditional flashing techniques into our new codes and specifications. Today's homes are built with multiple trades speaking several languages using a variety of claddings, many with their own unique challenges. This seminar will teach you how to use new materials and updated technologies to keep water from infiltrating asphalt shingle roofs. (Steep Slope)
- Prevent water infiltration and damage at roof-wall intersection, roof penetrations, skylights and chimney chases, when using asphalt shingles roofing and any siding product.
- Teach less experienced employees how to flash complicated interfaces, using simple techniques with downloadable pictures and videos to help overcome language barriers.
- Identify the unique flashing techniques required when tying asphalt shingles into walls covered with vinyl and fiber cement siding.
- Evaluate the shingle manufacture's product-specific flashing instructions and the general flashing requirements of most building codes.
- Commercial Contractor
- Residential Contractor
- Metal Contractor
- Building Owner/Facility Manager