Deciphering Vehicle Networks - Part 2
Bob Augustine, Christian Brothers
Format: MP3 download
Most vehicles have multiple communication networks wired, some working together, some standalone. This session covers real-world diagnosis of vehicle network communication issues and how to use a scan tool, wiring diagram and DSO to troubleshoot. Covers Domestic and Asian platforms, focusing on MYs 2001-2012.
- Read and interpret wiring diagram to ascertain what networks are present
- Communicate with the different networks
- Identify what networks are wired to the vehicle DLC
- Identify how the scan tool communicates with the different networks.
- Understand what capabilities the OEM scan tool provides on the various networks
- Utilize DSO to troubleshoot network communication issues
This is a two-part class