This is a Digital Download featuring PowerPoint Slides with Synchronized Audio from the 11th Annual Intercompany Long Term Care Insurance Conference 2011. Watch the slides while listening to the synchronized audio, exactly as is happened live.
Pricing and Assumption Setting in the Current Environment
This session will address the many questions pricing actuaries regularly face:
- What are the recent trends in lapse, interest and the claim cost curve?
- What is the impact of inflation, spousal discount levels, claim utilization and claim payment approaches?
- How broad are the industry definitions for the provision for moderately adverse deviations?
- Improving morbidity and mortality - is there an industry trend and does it apply to your insured population?
- How has aggregate industry experience changed in recent years?
- What considerations are necessary when applying industry tables and studies to your line of business?
- What are the actuarial tools and techniques best practices?
- How should the actuary provide, demonstrate and maintain support for pricing and valuation assumptions?
- Would a standard valuation table benefit the industry?
Speakers: Gagne, Roger Helwig, Dawn Schoonveld, Steve Hanes, Robert Koklefsky, Barry
Producers: Schoonveld, Steve
Specialty Fields: Actuarial
Session Type: Panel Discussion