Write-it-Right Best Practices - Mechanics of Estimating
Mike Anderson, CollisionAdvice.com
Format: MP3 download
This session will provide estimators with resources to understand, support and justify their position on what it takes to restore the vehicle back to pre-accident condition. In addition, you'll learn about websites, tools, forms and other technology applications that will allow the estimator to be more efficient and ACCURATE in writing a thorough damage analysis. The focus is on how to utilize technology to write more complete and accurate estimates and to understand what resources are available to you.
Estimators around the country have seen remarkable benefits from attending this seminar, including improving their cycle time, reducing friction in their negotiation process with insurers and improving their CSI.
This program includes:
• Understanding why some things are not-included items in the p-pages
• Tools to help identify the not-included items, such as the ASA Not-Included Guides and the SCRS Guide to Estimating
• How to get paid for hotly contested items, such as prepping raw plastic, blend within a panel, "fill, sand and feather", masking during
prime, masking during cut-in and much more
• How to increase frame / unibody repair times using the Structural Repair Calculator
• Free websites where repair facilities can view OEM parts diagrams, composite types and much more