Negotiation Best Practices - Educate, NOT Alienate
Mike Anderson, CollisionAdvice.com
Format: MP3 download
This session is not your textbook negotiation class. Mike Anderson, of Collision Advice, focuses on the negotiation process between an insurer and a collision repair facility. Using real-world examples, he’ll share with you his proven methods for getting paid what you are owed without alienating the insurer.
Attendees will learn how to justify what they are asking to be paid for from insurers. The course discusses getting paid for not-included operations, OEM vs. aftermarket parts, blend within a panel / basecoat reduction and other common friction points between insurers and collision repair facilities. The course will help you understand what true "concessions" are and when it is time to walk away. Most importantly, this seminar will teach you how NOT to let your emotions get the best of you!
This program includes:
• The Four Negotiation Questions
• How to build trust, respect and credibility with insurers
• "Seek to Understand, then to Be Understood!"
• How to deal with "No one else charges for that!"
• Understand that ‘No’, doesn’t mean no. It means I don’t have enough information to say yes.
• How to negotiate not-included operations
• How to build negotiation tools
• How to negotiate blend within a panel / basecoat reduction
• How to negotiate for OEM vs. aftermarket parts
• How to negotiate structural repair time
• Understanding the role of emotions in negotiations