Trance & Trauma: Hypnotic Interventions in the Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Michael McGee,LPC, MS, DCH
Format: MP3 Audio file download
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is an ongoing epidemic in our society. This session provides theory and instruction in formulating personal and transpersonal hypnotherapy approaches to the treatment of PTSD through hypnotic exposure, metaphor, and client centered hypnosis. Understand the varieties of traumatic experience and how each might be approached with hypnotic intervention. Learn to discriminate between clients who are valid candidates for hypnotic intervention and those who are risks. A simple and concise format for formulating client centered approaches in hypnosis. Participants may apply the theory and techniques immediately into their respective practices.
During and at the conclusion of this session, the attendee will be able to:
- Assess client risks and characteristics to evaluate the client centered approach best suited for treatment of PTSD;
- Formulate client centered hypnotic treatment protocols and apply hypnotic techniques for effective symptom reduction;
- Discriminate between clients who are valid candidates for hypnotic intervention and those who are risks;
- Create their own client centered approaches in the treatment of PTSD by integrating the theoryand techniques leading to improved outcomes;
- Create their own client centered approaches in the treatment of PTSD by integrating the theory and techniques leading to improved outcomes;
- Deliver original client centered hypnotic suggestions to reduce post traumatic stress symptoms; and
- Describe the theoretical foundations and demonstrate the creation of client centered approaches to alleviate psychological symptoms of trauma.