Available in 2 formats:
Audio MP3 Download: $10
Audio Compact Disc: $15
||Laurel Watt-Aldredge, PsyD is diplomate of the American Psychological Association and maintains a private practice specializing in eating disorders, behavioral medicine, grief and loss, and stress management in Natick, MA.
This course will introduce dental professionals to the complexities of eating disorders and how eating disorders may present among dental patients. Interventions for dental patients will be discussed and resources provided. Treatment for eating disorders, including the role of dental care, will be examined.
- Identify characteristics of classic and atypical eating disorders
- Describe etiological and maintenance factors in eating disorders
- Learn to identify and manage dental patients with these disorders
- Obtain resource information for treating such patients
- Discuss treatment modalities, including the role of dental health