Available in 2 formats:
Audio MP3 Download: $10
Audio Compact Disc: $15
||Casey Hein, BSDH is director of education for the International Centre for Oral-Systemic Health at the University of Manitoba and president of Casey Hein & Associates, located in Evergreen, CO.
This case-based course focuses on empowering oral health care professionals to incorporate the latest evidence on the relationship between periodontal and cardiovascular disease in screening patients for cardiometabolic risk. Recommendations will be offered for building medical-dental collaboration.
- Discuss the relationship between periodontal disease and atherosclerosis
- Understand periodontal disease as a modifiable risk factor for heart disease and ischemic stroke
- Recognize the significance of cumulative inflammatory burden
- Identify patients at risk for cardiovascular disease
- Implement strategies for medical-dental collaboration