Steve Trapp, Axalta Coating Systems
Format: MP3 download
Most repairers are now implementing blueprinting or repair planning and have refined parts ordering. This session picks up from there discussing production dispatching, body repair flow improvement, paint flow improvement and finally reassembly and QA flow improvement. We will look at repair techniques, new visual scheduling resources, and equipment which will reduce repair cycle time.
- Understand how important a solid repair plan and kitted parts are to flow
- Understand how visual dispatching and control systems can prevent vehicle down time
- Understand how to improve flow through body repair to minimize the repair size and keep technicians touch time to a maximum and reduce cycle time
- Understand how the prep, edge, stage and paint functions can interlink in an efficient process to paint more vehicles in less time
- Understand how all the previous departments can minimize the reassembly and QA timelines